Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Butt soap

After reading the list of 6 personal oddities from Wes, I was reminded of how I came to my own personal shower routine. Think about your normal method of bathing for a moment. There are potential cleaning disasters awaiting you in your sleepy, coffee deprived state first thing in the morning. Try to recall what the soap touches just before it is used on or around your face. Wonder where I'm going with this?
My very specific and thoroughly planned method is 1) nether regions 2) legs 3) belly/chest 4) back 5) arms, and 6) face. Why is this important? There is never a time when I could wash my face with butt soap. The path it takes on it's way to the facial area ensures that all butt is removed from the bar by the time it gets there. And another concern is the order: sure I could reverse it, but that means the next time I take a shower I have butt soap to wash my face with. My method leaves a bar of soap that could be used safely on any part of the body at the next opportunity, completely without fear of cross pollination between heads and tails.

Anyway, now that we've gone to the deep end of my weird thoughts pool, I had a decent run today. I'm still recovering from the tri, and I'm sorta trying to have a light(er) week, but I must admit some disappointment at a regression in my time/pace. I was going really well until the start of the last mile, and I started to run out of gas (just about the time I saw Scott driving by.) Temp was only 81 and wind only 8mph, so it was all me. :-(

Stats: 4.25 miles in 29:05 @ 6:50/mile

I think I will get back in the pool tomorrow, and get ready for a killer workout on Saturday. I may just do an ultra brick. Yikes!

11 comments:

Marcy said...

Does Mendy use that same bar of soap? LOL I've heard about this before . . . and you know, I always thought about the way I use soap but never the way my husband does. Now I have to peep it out. Damn for all I know I've been washing my face with butt soap. GREAT!!! LOL

Great job on that run!!! ;D

Wes said...

Yes! Order is SOO important. LOL. Although I admit going the other way around. I guess I am less concerned with butt soap :-)

Jess said...

I use a separate cleaning agent for face than I do for my body, so germs don't cross-polinate.

J~Mom said...

I do the same as Jess. Have a nice little face wash that keeps this stuff all separate.

BUT, do you use the same towel more then once to dry off? I am against it. You might dry your face with the same spot that dried your butt the day before. My DH argues that your butt is clean but it's still a butt to me.....

Gotta Run..... said...

Ok... I just got out of the bath and wonder if I am clean at all. Even having a hard trying to figure out the order of the soap. THIS IS TOO MUCH!!! You know I have germ issues and this does not help.

Yes, Scott said he saw you walking yesterday..... :).

sunshine said...

Too funny! I have two seperate wash cloths for that very reason. One, soley for my face and one for the rest of my body.

Unknown said...

Ok, the discertation on "butt soap" not withstanding, nice job on the run.

I'm a little confused with your swimming. You are really fast in the pool (certainly much faster than me), but it didn't translate into your last race where your average 100m pace would be more like 2:25s. Is it that you are backing off too much during the triathlon, or are you just going really hard in the workouts?

You are absolutely right about how our training is the only thing that keeps us sane when life gets stressful. I thank God for the ability to do what I do every day. Thanks for the good thoughts, buddy!

David said...

Chad, that's exactly what's been stressing me out about my race swim performances. I was just speaking to my wife today about it; my mental focus during the swim on race day is so lacadasical and distracted, and my OWS form is horrible with constant sighting and concern about bumping into others. If I could do my pool training pace in the events, I could just about guarantee a podium finish in most of the races I've done.

I'll get this thing figured out before the HIM, though. I have to.

Nikki said...

I too use different face soap and a puff to exfoliate :)

But I do use a puff for my body...a different one so I dont cross polinate

Tiffany said...

Wow- lots to think about.

I think I am safe. I have a special facial wash... a special facial towel... and I use soap first on my body and then a loofah with some shower gel.

You are right though- one needs to be careful!

Mendy said...

I thought I commented on this... I can see you analyzing it to a tee. You're wired that way!